The SG series of smart gateways are intended to connect various equipment into communication network. The gateway has built-in two optical (IR) communication ports and the RS485 serial communication with the MODBUS protocol.
RS485 communication enables data transmission and consequently the connection of communication gateway into the RS485 network and communication with various equipment, consisting of RS485 communication (e.g. energy meters, latching switches, power monitoring devices, etc.), via MODBUS.
The SG series also consist of pulse input and temperature sensor (Pt1000) input.
The SG-W1 version is equipped with Wi-Fi communication. This type also has an alternative version with an external antenna (SG-W1A).
The SG-E1 version is equipped with Ethernet communication. Activation of Wi-Fi communication (via parameter) is also possible with this device, but in that case, the Ethernet will not be active on RJ45.
- AC mains power supply
- Nominal supply voltage (Un) from 85 V to 265 V AC or 85 V to 300 V DC
- Nominal frequencies 50 Hz and 60 Hz
- Multifunctional front green (operational mode), red (error and upgrade) and orange (provisioning mode) LED
- RS485 serial communication
- IR serial communication (2 ports)
- Wireless communication between our WM meters and BICOM via IR communication port (for more information see User manual)
- Wi-Fi communication (can operate with or without an external antenna)
- SG-W1A can only operate with an external antenna
- Ethernet communication (valid only for SG-E1)
- 1-DIN rail width mounting communication gateway according to EN 60715
- Pulse and temperature input
- Push functionality of data
- MQTT (JSON data format)
- Iskra’s proprietary push to MiSmart system (XML data format)
- SG are compatible:
- With all our products which have RS485 MODBUS communication
- With other products which support RS485 MODBUS communication
- SG-E1 - with Ethernet communication
- SG-W1 - with Wi-Fi communication
- SG-W1A - with Wi-Fi communication with an external antenna